Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A running theory

Sometimes I can barely make it down the street, and other times, like tonight, I can jump from only running a half to three quarters of a mile without needing to rest and get my breathing under control to running three miles, non-stop, and feeling like I'm on top of the world.

I think I have figured out why...

It rained today. The air is moist. There is no dust/pollen/smog/other crap in every breath I take. I don't get dizzy or feel lightheaded or wheeze.

It also matters that it was about 72 degrees fahrenheit when I ran today. 72 with a breeze and moist, clean air, I can do. No problem. 85 degrees and hot, is a recipe for disaster.

I don't really even need an inhaler anymore. As long as it's not scorchng hot.

My hope is to get stronger so I can breathe more efficiently no matter how hot it is. That would be nice! Asthma sucks.

Only a week from Friday and I'm on vacation! Can't wait to get down to sunny Atlanta and guess this year's Peachtree shirt design. I have gotten it right two years in a row!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home