Monday, June 26, 2006

OOoohh nelly.

I'm going through paperwork that must have required no fewer than 25 whole trees to create in the first place. Wish me luck. Everything is out of the file cabinets, and in sort mode.

It's interesting how when you work in the automotive industry, it touches every part of your life somehow. How you clean is no different. In automotive, we have a "5S" program we learn. The "S's" are sort, set in order, shine, standardize, and sustain. Fairly recently I realized that other idustries use it too, but I have to doubt that it's pushed into culture the way it is in automotive.

If you are curious, look here.

My problem is, at home, I never get past the middle of the sort phase. :o( So I've used a vacation day to overhaul the office.

Off I go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home