Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Bad Day

Today was a very bad day. I don't even want to relive it to the extent I'd have to to blog it all, but work did not go well today.

I am trying to be positive and optimistic. We have to smell shit once in awhile to know how pretty flowers smell. I know. But it was really bad.

And it was really bad literally because I am a woman, not a man. And I do mean literally. How frustrating. It makes me irate. I do twice the work of any of the men I work with. And yet, at the end of the day, the presence of boobs matter most.

And that's all I have to say about that.

In other news, I'm a bit concerned that we may be expecting again. I say "concerned" because I had planned to wait at least a full cycle before even risking another go at it. But it looks as if nature may have had other plans. Looking at the calendar, this should be impossible. Let's hope so.

Last but not least, to top it all off, I'm just absolutely sick worrying about money lately.

And now for a count of blessings to put all of this grief behind, at least for the night.... We're both healthy. We have a home to sleep in. (A few too many, actually, which is the source of the money problem.) Our families are happy and healthy. We had a chance to get away from reality last weekend, and that was nice.

Today I looked back at the Eliot blog about the little boy who lived 98 days, and thus had 99 celebrations of life. It put things in perspective even more than counting blessings.

I weighed myself a day early for a sneak peak. (I joined a group of friends online for support.) I lost roughly 1 lb. in the past week. Considering vacation with wine and pizza, I'll take it! I'll still weigh in tomorrow and see how things look. Heck, maybe that one pound will creep back somehow. I shouldn't speak too soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home