Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Chaos

That's the word to sum up life right now. Chaos. Sheer, unadulterated chaos.

I'm sitting here at a card table with enough space on it for most of the computer to sit. The rest is covered by a coffee pot, a stack of mail with a paint tray on top, and a few other odds and ends strewn about. About 3/8 of this card table is in the great room, which still has purple carpeting, and the remaining 5/8 is in the dining room.

Our food is kept cold via two devices. A cooler which was designed to be used with a cigarette lighter that has been fashioned with a special adapter connecting the cigarette lighter plug to a household electrical socket, and a wine fridge. So, there is no room for wine. Because there is yogurt, and broccoli, and all sorts of other things I'm supposed to be eating other than the "pastry bites" I got through the Tim Horton's drive thru window this evening on my way home from work at 8:30 pm.

Our mattress is on the floor in the only purple carpeted room that has any window treatments.

No, it's not a new build with a poor choice in carpeting. It's a foreclosure we snagged, that may or may not end up a good investment. We'll see...

I realized something today. On my way home, I was looking at the sky. It rained all day and truly looked as if heaven was a little closer to earth than normal. The sky was a little pinkish, and there was a fog that looked sort of like mist suspended in air. Thoughts of how excellent life was circled around the inside of my head, and it suddenly dawned on me that I spend way too much time thinking about everyone else's life to really focus on living my own.

I have to work on that.

For now, I'm off to finish the pantry organization. It would be so nice to have even just one room finished, but I'm far from that....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home