Thursday, November 09, 2006

Canned. For Freshness.

Okay, not really for freshness. Nevertheless, canned. Fired. Laid off. Not quite dooced, but the end result is the same, eh?

I have not shed a tear, and I likely won't. This is the best gift that they could have given me. Wooot! As I type this, I'm sitting in my pajamas with wonderful coffee collecting severance pay.

And, the universe has bestowed a gracious merciful wave of kindness over me. I already have two prospects. Certainly, it's possible neither will pan out. But to have two prospects before even getting a current resume together? I'm flabbergasted and honored and shocked all at once.

Wish me luck! I'm about to find an environment where I can be happy. What would make me happy? Glad you asked. Sanity. Time to breathe. A chance to actually interact with friends and family members. Expectations to fulfill that involve doing the work of two people rather than 5 or 6, which is what my previous job had become.

You can't see me, but I'm dancing a jig in the living room. Join me. Go on, get up and shake yo bootie. Woo hoo!

2 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

Woo hoo! I'm dancin' with you! Everything happens for a reason and you have the BEST attitude about this!

Sun Nov 12, 11:49:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Dani Kekoa said...

What? No more 80 hour work weeks? Awe, how sad.

Now you will have more time for blogging! :>

I'd say file for unemployment too and enjoy a few months off! Heck - with Christmas around the corner we could all use some extra free time.

P.S. Thanks for your thoughts on abortion over at my blog.

Mon Nov 13, 02:41:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home